Updated Covid 19 Clinic Procedures
Clinical Protocol Changes
Self Assessment Prior to Treatments
· You will be sent a Covid-19 Questionaire 24 hours prior to appointment time. Filling this out is mandatory.
· 24 hours prior please fill out the BC Covid-19 Symptom Self Assessment Tool: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
· The therapist will use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool herself, daily and commits to canceling all appointments if symptoms appear.
· An appointment must be cancelled immediately if either the patient or the therapist presents with even mild symptoms including:
o Shortness of breath
o Sore throat or pain with swallowing
o Stuffy or runny nose
o Loss of sense of smell
o Muscle aches
o Loss of appetite
· Physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room.
· Patients must confirm that they have not been in contact with anyone displaying illness, or signs and symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days prior to their treatment.
· Patients must confirm that they have not left the British Columbia in the last 14 days.
· Patients with higher risk profiles and/or weakened immune systems should consider alternatives for care and postpone treatment.
o They will not be charged a cancellation fee if they cancel due to illness but please give us as much time as possible.
· Upon arrival patients must confirm that they have done a pre-screening and have no signs of Covid-19
· Masks may be requested by the therapist to be worn at all times within the clinic space.
· Please bring a mask with you if you have one. We can provide a disposable mask at cost ($2) if required.
· Immediately upon entering the clinic space the patient must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
· Only 4 patients/people are permitted in the clinic space at any given time. Patients must arrive unaccompanied.
· Please maintain a space of 2 meters (6 feet) distance in all clinic areas outside the treatment room.
· The fabric couches have been removed from the reception area, They may be replaced by vinyl-covered chairs that are separated by a minimum of 6ft
o Patients are not permitted to lounge in the clinic reception area before or after the treatment.
· Patients are required to wait in their vehicles until the therapists opens the clinic door. The door will be locked between appointments.
Within the Treatment Room
· It is not possible to maintain physical distancing while in the treatment room.
· Patients will be asked to keep all personal belongings within a plastic bin
o Patients will be asked to wash their hands upon entering the treatment room.
· Therapists will go through another Covid 19 Assessment with the patient and both parties will consent to treatment.
o Patients will be asked to wash their hands after the treatment within the treatment room.
Hand towels are available for the patient to use when opening the door. Please place them on the therapists table prior to exiting the treatment room.
· We prefer a credit card on file for payment or the tap option for POS.
· Receipts will be emailed, not printed.
Restroom for Patient Use
· Soap and fresh towels for drying will be available at all times.
· A laundry bin has been placed next to the restroom door so that patients may use a towel to open the door, and then discard of it before re-entering the clinic space.
Avoid Face Touching
· Tissue will be available throughout the clinic; patients and the therapist may use tissue to address an itch and/or touch the face for any other reason.
· The therapist will wear a mask upon request by the patient. If a therapist cannot wear a mask upon request then the appointment will be rescheduled to a later date.
· Patients are required to wear face masks that cover both the nose and mouth at all times within the clinic space.
· At the therapists discretion, they may shorten treatments by 10 mins to account for extra cleaning/administration time between treatments.
· Common areas will be cleaned and disinfected at least twice a day, including the restroom.
· All high touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between patients, regardless of appearances
o No hydrotherapy supplies, thermophores, table warmers or covers will be used.
o Therapists will be required to initial a Covid cleaning checklist each day with specific cleaning duties performed in between patients. Therapists will file this daily to be available upon request.
· All linens, including blankets and pillow cases are single use only and will be laundered using high heat, detergent between each use.
Personal Protective Equipment
· The therapist will wear a face mask, upon request in the clinic.
· Patients are required to wear a facemask in the clinic at all time.
o If patients have their own fabric facemask, they are requested to bring it. If they do not have a fabric face mask, a single-use non-medial mask will be provided to them, at cost, at the time of their treatment.